Make sure you control your money, so it doesn’t control you. Explore our financial resources for tips on managing your money.
的 reality for many students is that there is never much money left over to have fun—often there’s barely enough to pay the 账单.
的 Student Loan Living Costs or Student Allowance will not cover all your weekly expenses, so it’s important to have a plan for how you will cover the shortfall. This could be through 储蓄 from a summer job, 家庭的帮助, 兼职工作, 或者通过减少你的开支.
你可以 和学生财务顾问谈谈 to work out a budget and discuss the options you have for keeping on top of your finances.
注册 Blackbullion—an online financial learning platform—to access a range of money modules that will help you get on track with your budget, 储蓄, 和大学财务.
- Calculate your weekly income from all sources, and compare it to your expenses—things like rent, 权力, 电话, 和互联网.
- Decide how much you can afford to spend on extras, like drinks and going out. Withdraw this amount in cash to stick to it f或者是 week.
- Pay 账单 when they are due and make sure the flat’s accounts aren’t falling behind.
Many banks have special packages for students. 你可以 divide your money into online-only 储蓄 accounts, so you know you have money set aside for rent, 账单, 和其他费用.
Most students are eligible f或者是 社区服务的卡片, which reduces costs of healthcare and services. Eligibility is judged on personal annual income. 看到 工作和收入 website for details and how to apply, or ask for an application form from a 学生财务顾问 or 学生健康.
Halls of residence payment schedules
的 金融生存指南 has advice and details about working while studying, including an explanation of IRD rules, 代码, 和免税. If you’re thinking of taking on a part-time job while you study, it’s important to read these carefully, 这样你就不会遇到问题.
永信贵宾会官方网建议报名参加 IRD在线服务, where you can easily apply for exemptions and special rates, see your up-to-date student loan balance, 并申请退税.
Regulations for international students
国际学生 may be eligible to work up to 20 hours per week if they are:
- enrolled in a full-time course lasting at least two academic years
- studying towards a New Zealand qualification that would gain points under New Zealand residence policy
- studying a full-time course to develop English language skills. To qualify, you must have an IELTS (General or Academic Module) overall band score of at least 5.0.
联系 移民新西兰 的更多信息.
You must not undertake employment in New Zealand until you have permission from 移民新西兰.
的 困难的基金 is an emergency fund that helps students facing financial difficulties. 找出 what the criteria are and how to apply.
的 惠灵顿维多利亚大学 学生’ Association provides welfare services to help students in need, including a food bank and free bread.
In addition to the Student Loan and Allowance, 研究Link can give you 帮助处理其他费用 当你还是个学生的时候.